From: Horn, Sally P
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:57 AM
To: GeogFaculty <[log in to unmask]>; GeogGrads <[log in to unmask]>; Club Geography <[log in to unmask]>; Sharpe, Pamela Hope <[log in to unmask]>; Branch, Tracy Kay <[log in to unmask]>; Camponovo, Michael <[log in to unmask]>; McKinney, Nathan Lamar (Nathan McKinney) <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Horn, Sally P <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Students and Faculty honored at Chancellor's Honors Banquet

Hi folks,

Geographers were well represented at last night's Chancellor's Honors Banquet at the Convention Center!

Dr. Jana Caspersen received a Graduate Teaching Award.  You can read about Jana on this page: https://honorsbanquet.utk.edu/2018-graduate-student-teaching-award/

(Yes, that title of Dr. is correct -- she has finished, congratulations Dr. Caspersen!)

Matthew Kerr received a Citation for Extraordinary Professional Promise.

And I received an Excellence in Advising Award: https://honorsbanquet.utk.edu/2018-excellence-in-advising/

Watch our Twitter page for a photo or two I'll send to Yingjie later today to post.

If you aren't aware, you can see our Twitter page without being subscribed to Twitter yourself, and you don't need to use your phone to do so.

Simply navigate to this web page: https://twitter.com/UTKGeography?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

twitter.com

The latest Tweets from UTKGeography (@UTKGeography). Geography Department at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. A student-centered department where one can VOLUNTEER to explore, study, and make a better world. Knoxville, TN

Cheers,

Sally

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography