Hello, everyone!

ORE and the Office of Undergraduate Research are trying to promote the Rube Goldberg Challenge – one of the fun and interesting ways for students to participate in Research Week (April 16-20). We held our first RGC last year and didn’t have great participation, though it was a great project for our two winners.

Students can register as individuals or in teams. There are cash prizes for first-, second-, and third-place winners. Most importantly, they are lifted upon the shoulders of their peers and carried through campus as we all sing their praises. (Just kidding on that last part.)

We’d love your help in promoting this challenge to your students. The deadline to enter is this Friday, April 6. They don’t have to have their machines completed at that time, just the desire to compete. Complete information and the entry form can be found here.

2018 Challenge

Task:

Design and build a Rube Goldberg device made out of readily available items that will use a complicated series of actions to trigger a final action that demonstrates your school spirit. Examples could be raising a banner, kicking a field goal, playing Rocky Top, etc.

Requirements:

Thanks so much!

Erin

--