Wonderful!!  Congrats!  Hard work well rewarded!  I know our future students will appreciate this so much!

Susan J

From: UT School of Information Sciences Alumni Listserv <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Kelly, Diane <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 5:52:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ISALUMNI] Exciting UT SIS News

Dear Alumni,

Today is a huge moment for the MSIS program:  The UT Board of Trustees approved a proposal to reduce out-of-state tuition for students enrolled in the distance education (DE) program!

Starting in FY 2018-2019, out-of-state students enrolled in the DE program will only be charged $75 more dollars per credit hour than in-state students, for an hourly tuition rate of $701. The Online Support fee will increase slightly from $46 to $56 per credit hour for both in-state and out-of-state students in the DE program.

To put this in perspective, here is how the tuition (plus fees) for 9+ credit hours compares (DE program only):

In-state (NEW): $6161

Out-of-state (OLD): $15,165

Out-of-state (NEW): $6848

Tuition (plus fees) for 9+ credit hours for on-campus students remains the same:

In-state: $6542

Out-of-state: $15,751

This will make SIS much more competitive for out-of-state students wishing to complete their MSIS degree online!  We are very much looking forward to the future and appreciate all of your support over the years.

Now, please send us amazing talent you spot in any state!  They too can become a Tennessee Volunteers!

Diane

---

Diane Kelly, Professor and Director
School of Information Sciences