Hello Amphibian Scientists/Biologists:

Most of you have heard about Bsal (Batrachochytrium salamandrivorans).  Thought I’d share a fun rap video that some of our students in the UT Center for Wildlife Health put together on this pathogen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOKOR0vL8lM

They created it as part of a 3-min video UT competition to highlight student research.  If you like it, you can vote here (it is video 2).

https://ugresearch.utk.edu/research-week/3-minutes-to-win-it-research-challenge/2018-3-minutes-to-win-it-video-submissions/ (deadline for voting is Fri, 2 April).

Please feel free to post and distribute.  Possibly an alternative way to make the public aware of this recently discovered, emerging pathogen.

All the Best, Matt
Matthew J. Gray, Ph.D., Professor
Co-chair, PARC National Disease Task Team<http://www.parcplace.org/parcplace/resources/disease-task-team.html>
Chair, Research Working Group of the North American Bsal Task Force<applewebdata://0846FF3B-1C69-49FE-A206-17D840167DE3/U.S.%20National%20Bsal%20Task%20Force>
Past Director, Global Ranavirus Consortium<http://www.ranavirus.org/>
Associate Director, UTIA Center for Wildlife Health<https://ag.tennessee.edu/cwh/Pages/default.aspx>
Department of Forestry, Wildlife and Fisheries
University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture (UTIA)
274 Ellington Plant Sciences Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-4563
865.974.2740 [ofc]                [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
865.974.4714 [fax]                https://ag.tennessee.edu/fwf/Pages/FacultyStaff.aspx

For more information about Forestry, Wildlife and Fisheries at UTK,
Please visit http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/ or call 865.974.7126