Good morning Southern Region friends!

Our annual Southern Region meeting is scheduled for September 12-14, 2018 in Charleston, SC.  More detailed information will be forthcoming as we get closer to time.  Please mark the dates.

On Thursday afternoon of our meeting, NIFA will lead a Civil Rights compliance review training session, including information on establishing a Limited English Proficiency (LEP) program.  NIFA's new Civil Rights Director, Bobbie Moore, is very open to the idea of ensuring schools know exactly what type of information their staff is seeking when conducting the reviews.  If there are any Civil Rights compliance topics that you would also like for them to consider addressing in this training, please let me know and I'll be sure to pass them on to Bobbie and her staff.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

            Mike

Michael J. Simmons | Administrative Officer
Office of Human Resources<http://www.clemson.edu/employment/> | Clemson University
E-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | Phone:  864.656.2511
How was the HR service you received?  Click here to share your thoughts.<http://workgroups.clemson.edu/FIN5337_CLASS_COMP_RECRUIT/Survey/HRSCSurvey.php>
Clemson is on the prowl for top talent...Click here for job opportunities!<http://findjobs.clemson.edu/>