Please do not reply to this message. Thank You. To view the archives or join/leave TMG list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/tmg.html

2018 Tennessee Extension Master Gardener State Conference

When?

Thursday, April 5th (pre-conference tour and grafting workshop)

Main conference- Friday April 6th and Saturday April 7th

Early registration with a price break is open until March 16th, but classes and workshops may fill before that date

Where?

Montgomery Bell State Park, Burns, TN

If you would like to stay in the park inn, we have a hotel block open until Feb. 19th

Other lodging options are also available in the Dickson, TN area

What type of sessions are planned?

·       Statewide Search for Excellence awards

·       Landscape walkabouts

·       Wildflower and photography hikes

·       Tree ID, diagnosis and value in our landscapes

·       Lightning bugs and fireflies in TN

·       A Tennessee turf tour

·       A year of keeping bees in TN

·       Sessions on arboretums, community gardens, youth programs, surveys and outreach led by MGs

·       TN garden vegetable trials

·       Current entomology and pathology threats in TN

·       Networking and planning sessions and much more!

Get a preview of the park and our 2018 year at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5jyDKWgGvg

Why should you attend?

Because our 2018 conference will be a great opportunity to learn more about horticulture, insects, flowers, and trees across the great state of Tennessee, as well as enjoy one of our beautiful state parks and spend time with some of the best folks you’ll ever meet- Tennessee Extension Master Gardeners!

Full schedule and information: https://extension.tennessee.edu/MasterGardener/Pages/default.aspx

What does Registration include?

Registration includes all sessions and materials for each day as well as snacks, lunch and dinner on Friday and lunch on Saturday at the Forge Restaurant (at MBSP Inn). Thursday tour will include entrance ticket for the tour as well as trees and supplies for grafting.

Registration- two options:

1) Complete the second page of the attached registration form and mail it in (see 1. Below)

2) Register online (see link at 2. below)

Registration deadline: March 16th, 2018 Fees: $130 for all three days, $40 for Apr. 5th Pre-day workshop and tour, $60 for single Friday, $50 for single Saturday, $100 for both days (6th and 7th)

Late registration: After March 16th, 2018 Fees rise to $140 for all three days, $45 for Apr. 5th Pre-day workshop and tour, $65 for single Friday, $55 for single Saturday, $115 for both days (6th and 7th)

1. By mail: Send registration form (next page) and checks payable to University of Tennessee to:

TEMG Conference Registration   Attn: Sandy Kitts

2431 Joe Johnson Drive

252 Ellington Plant Science Building

Knoxville, TN 37996-4561

2. Online: This link will take you to a UT e-marketplace site. At the bottom of the first page, you will click the Add to Cart button. You will then be taken to a page that enables you to enter contact and payment information as well as select which days to attend and topics for the workshops and breakout sessions.

https://secure.touchnet.com/C21610_ustores/web/classic/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCTID=1297

We look forward to seeing you in April!

Natalie R. Bumgarner, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor of Residential and Consumer Horticulture

Tennessee Extension Master Gardener Coordinator

Plant Sciences Department

252 Ellington Plant Sciences, 2431 Joe Johnson Drive

Knoxville, TN 37996

1-865-974-7308 Office / 1-304-615-9243 Mobile

[log in to unmask] | ag.tennessee.edu

https://ag.tennessee.edu/marketing/EmailLogos/UT%20EXTENSION_4c.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Did your email address change? Visit http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/tmg.html Remove your old email and add your new email address to continue receiving timely updates. Have you visited the Master Gardener Store? https://web.dii.utk.edu/agstore/c-49-master-gardener.aspx Check out the super comfortable Gardener's Kneeling Pads! To view the archives or join/leave TMG list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/tmg.html