Dear colleagues,

This is the first announcement of a GEAR regional workshop “Geodesics on real hyperbolic manifolds”. It will take place at Connecticut College August 9th-11th, 2018.

Speakers:

Martin Bridgeman
Jeff Brock
Peter Buser
Dick Canary
Virginie Charette
Moira Chas
Federica Fanoni
Bill Goldman
Yan Mary He
Priyam Patel
Jenya Sapir
Ser Peow Tan
Nick Vlamis

We are grateful for support from U.S. National Science Foundation grants DMS 1107452, 1107263, 1107367 "RNMS: GEometric structures And Representation varieties" (the GEAR Network), from Connecticut College and from the University of Luxembourg. In particular, we have some funding for early stage mathematicians. The conference will also have Ara Basmajian as a special guest.

More details on the conference can be found on the website:

http://math.uni.lu/parlier/AraGEAR/

and for any questions, please write to the organizers at [log in to unmask].

We hope to see many of you there!

On behalf of the organizers,

Viveka Erlandsson
Youngju Kim