From: Russell, Shannon [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2018 2:10 PM
Subject: Summer 2018 Opportunities at Bradford Woods

Dear Faculty and Staff,

I am one of the Assistant Directors of Recreation Therapy at Bradford Woods in Martinsville, Indiana. Bradford Woods is Indiana University's Outdoor Center and supported by the Riley Children’s Foundation and Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis.

Bradford Woods operates 10 weeks of summer camp for people with disabilities and chronic illnesses including campers with cancer, sickle cell anemia, cerebral palsy, craniofacial anomalies, autism, various physical disabilities, rare genetic disorders, and Down syndrome.

We hire a staff of 80+ individuals and are currently recruiting for the summer of 2018. Bradford Woods has proven to be an excellent opportunity for students in the field of Environmental Sciences. Bradford Woods has also served as an internship and practicum site for many students.   We welcome the opportunity to examine this type of partnership with the professors and students within your department.

It is my desire to build a strong relationship with Environmental Sciences programs from around the country. Therefore, it is my hope that you will promote your students to apply for our Nature Instructor, Cabin Counselor and Adventure Challenge positions for the summer of 2018 at Bradford Woods.

Because of the strong therapeutic mindset of Bradford Woods, it is my hope to fill most of our summer camp positions with people who see the need and importance of adaptive education.  We not only provide an opportunity to grow individually, but it will also help each student develop their own recreation philosophy and style as they work with numerous populations of campers in a high energy camp setting.

Please read and share the information in this e-mail and the attachments with students, other faculty and anyone you feel would appreciate this opportunity. For ease of use, we have also attached a PowerPoint slide to share and a link to our summer stuff video at www.bradwoods.org/summerhire. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail or call me personally at [log in to unmask] or 765-349-5135 x5213 or visit our website at https://www.bradwoods.org/summer2018.

Thank you for your time,

Shannon Russell, CTRS

Assistant Director of Recreation Therapy

Bradford Woods - Indiana University’s Outdoor Center

5040 State Road 67 N | Martinsville, IN 46151

Office:     765 342-2915 ext 5213

Fax:         765 349-1086

http://www.bradwoods.org

Facebook | Twitter | Instagram