From: UT Department of Geography [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, February 8, 2018 9:00 AM
To: Butefish, Kurt L <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Spring 2018 Department of Geography Newsletter

Spring 2018 Department of Geography Newsletter

Spring 2018 Department of Geography Newsletter

Geography Newsletter Header

Matt Miller

Developing Security Partnerships through Cultural Awareness

Armed with his geography degree, Matt Miller provides training to United States military communities in South Korea.

Students in Professor Micheline Van Riemsdijk’s Age of Migration study abroad course. From left to right are Darcy Ayers, William Oaks, Ian Constantinos, Steven Guerrera, Micheline Van Riemsdijk, and Alex Webb.

Study Abroad Experience Provides Invaluable Insights

Learning how migrants are affected by discrimination in Norway helped Alex Webb develop her qualitative research methods.

Ian Feathers

Geographic Literacy Creates Informed, Successful Communities

Ian Feathers dedicates his time to promoting geography programming to students in rural, impoverished East Tennessee communities.

Henri Grissino-Mayer

Fire on the Mountain
Since the 2016 wildfires in the Smokies, Henri Grissino-Mayer has been on a crusade to inform the public about living in a wildland-urban interface.
Find out more

Ellis and students at computer

Tornadoes Over Tennessee
Keeping Tennessee residents safe during severe weather events is what drives Kelsey Ellis and her students to conduct research for a new outreach program.
Find out more

Students in the Department of Geography have the opportunity to major or minor in the newly established sustainability program.

Sustainability Takes Root in Geography
Beginning this fall, students in the Department of Geography have the opportunity to major or minor in the newly established sustainability program.
Find out more

Contact Us

Department of Geography
Burchfiel Geography Building, Room 304
Knoxville, TN 37996-0925
Phone: 865-974-2418
Email: [log in to unmask]

Twitter

Facebook

YouTube

Big Orange. Big Ideas.

This email was sent to [log in to unmask].
Add us to your address book to continue receiving our emails.

Unsubscribe