From: Sarah J Converse <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 12:18 AM
Subject: [sdmcop] Interesting job opportunity with Puget Sound Partnership
To: [log in to unmask]

See below an interesting job opportunity with the Puget Sound Partnership, a Washington State agency. Please share widely.

Cheers, Sarah

Dear colleagues and friends,

We are *really* excited to be hiring a new manager for the Puget Sound Ecosystem Monitoring Program (PSEMP) here at the Puget Sound Partnership!

The Partnership is the backbone organization for Puget Sound recovery. By extension, the monitoring program is the backbone for monitoring. This job requires no boots, no boats, and no on-the-ground investigation. The new hire will not be a practicing biologist or chemist or social scientist, but they WILL get to work with these types of scientists as they help ensure that our collaborators develop valid, useful data and that their findings are used to inform people's understanding of and improve efforts to recover the Puget Sound ecosystem.  It is critical to the agency that we have a science-based system to monitor and assess how the ecosystem is doing and how efforts to advance recovery are going.

This person would work closely with my team at the Puget Sound Partnership, so feel free to send questions my way.

I would appreciate if you could pass this add along!

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/1903599/monitoring-lead-exempt

Thank you and happy holidays!

NATHALIE HAMEL, PH.D

VITAL SIGNS REPORTING LEAD

WWW.PSP.WA.GOV
P 360.339.5826

C 360.819.3412

Sarah J. Converse
Unit Leader, USGS Washington Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit
Associate Professor, School of Environmental and Forest Sciences (SEFS) & School of Aquatic and Fishery Sciences (SAFS), University of Washington

Phone:
SEFS: 206-685-2315
SAFS: 206-221-5791

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the FWFjobs archives or Join/Leave the list go to: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/fwfjobs.html