From: Extension Service Personnel Officers in the Southern Region [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Welch, Deb Jones
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Internship programs for minorities and other students interested in an Extension Career.

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!!!

Do any of you have an internship program you are coordinating for students interested in becoming Extension employees?

If so, could you tell me how you pay the interns for their internship ( employees or accounts payable)? If you pay as an employee, hourly or exempt?

If accounts payable, what category?  Stipend, scholarship, award, etc…

We have a program we have been coordinating for about 20 years and our process is being questioned.

Thank you so much in advance for your information.

Deb Welch

University of Tennessee Extension

Human Resources and Payroll

2621 Morgan Circle