________________________________
From: Deans Directors Department Heads <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of Seidler, Andrew Edwin <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2018 12:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [DDDHLIST] Fulbright & ONSF Exploration Grants

Dear Deans, Directors, and Department Heads:

The application for the Office of National Scholarships & Fellowships (ONSF) Exploration Grant is due February 12: https://onsf.utk.edu/exploration-grant/ The previous deadline was January 29.
Exploration Grant Program | Office of National ...<https://onsf.utk.edu/exploration-grant/>
onsf.utk.edu
The Exploration Grant Program supports current UT undergraduate students in their efforts to plan for, research, and establish connections for nationally competitive ...

Exploration Grants support current UT undergraduates-with awards of up to $5000-in their efforts to plan for and establish in-country/on-the-ground connections abroad for subsequent post-graduate fellowships<https://onsf.utk.edu/scholarship-overview/> applications, with particular focus on the Fulbright, which requires a documented overseas affiliate/advisor for research proposals. Typically, Exploration Grants are for 3 - 4 weeks, during the summer. Over the past three years, the Exploration Grant program has supported students across UT to travel to Indonesia, Argentina, Germany, Latvia, South Korea, India, and Hungary, among other countries. We have found these grants significantly improve the quality and competitiveness of UT Fulbright candidates.

Exploration Grant applications must be detailed, focused, and well-planned. We will have workshops to help students with their applications on:

*         Tuesday, January 23, 5:00pm, Greve 330 (Active Learning Center)

*         Thursday, February 1, 5:00pm, Greve 330

*         Wednesday, February 7, 5:00pm, Greve 330

Please share this announcement with your students, colleagues, and programs ... and please encourage applications! I am happy to answer questions at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Thank you!

Andrew

[http://images.utk.edu/images/interface/ut-emailsignature.gif]

Andrew Seidler
Director

Office of National Scholarships & Fellowships
317 Greve Hall

+1 865.974.3518
https://onsf.utk.edu/

Refer a student to ONSF<https://onsf.utk.edu/refer-a-student-to-onsf/>