Good Morning GBP Members!!

The UTK Chapter of Gamma Beta Phi 2018-2019 UTK GBP Executive Board candidates are listed below. The elections will open Friday March 2nd at 8 am and close March 4th at 12 mid-night. Please review the candidates below you vote. To vote, please log-in to VOLink and click on the Election Link on our GBP chapter page. Please note if you are not in the roster, you will have to send an invitation to join the group.

Candidate: Mr. Yasir Ghazi

Yasir Ghazi.jpgMy name is Yasir Ghazi and I am currently the president of Gamma Beta Phi chapter at the University of Tennessee Knoxville. I have been an officer throughout multiple chapters as well as other organizations. I have the experience that is needed to lead our great chapter to continued success. I will be honored to service this chapter for a second term.

Candidate for Vice-President: Ms. Brittany Belgarde

It has always been important to me that I take on a leadership position during my time at the University of Tennessee. I have always wanted to be a member of an organization, on campus, that makes a difference within the community. I have always really admired that the Gamma Beta Phi Honors Society requires members to volunteer in the community to maintain active status. Currently, I am interning for NASA at their Langley Research Center in Hampton, Virginia. Because of this I am not sure if I am an active member because I have been unable to attend meetings. I hope this does not hinder my ability to be considered for an executive board position. When I return to campus this summer, I will be a junior. I am a physics major and psychology minor. I am a member of the National Society for Leadership and Success and my GPA is 3.38.

Candidate for Vice President: Ms. Ana Rosa Gonzalez

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/9wdwtkRsh6GKGjG0gLa8oiEOzWW1T13Fa3cCMS6lWKVibi5JOXzPjjTE5tnP5qjH_snFRlxNoeFfr0V4SWr2hseEkCwT4NxkzKD9C4O-0XuQq8fGn8BSueVcz7LbgEpZZ-j3B85vAna R. Gonzalez is a graduate student enrolled in the Nurse Anesthesia Program at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville who is committed to joining forces with fellow UTK students to bring a unique voice and perspective to professional development among Gamma Beta Phi members.

Ana has established a record of academic tenacity, leadership, and professional dedication that is evidenced by membership in multiple honor societies and participation/leadership roles in hospital committees, councils, and community service projects.

She has a keen interest in medical ethics and enjoys providing guidance and mentorship, both professionally and in the community. Some of Ana’s most notable activities include providing free bilingual Heartsaver and BLS classes and mentoring Registered Nurses and Student Registered Nurse Anesthetists across the country through the Diversity in Nurse Anesthesia Mentorship program.

If elected as the next Vice-President to the Gamma Beta Phi Executive Board of Directors, Ana hopes to combine her enthusiasm and experiences with promoting leadership and character among GBP members and improving education through appropriate service projects.

Candidate for Treasurer: Mr. Karsten Parker

cid:81CCE928-3688-42B6-AABC-041E1E1D4515My name is Karsten Parker and I’m a sophomore chemical engineering student. I’ve chosen to run for Gamma Beta Phi treasurer because I want to be a leader in this organization. This club is unique from other honors societies in that it encourages active participation and I want to embody that principle by playing a leading role for this university's chapter. I’ve worked two cashier jobs in the past year so handling, counting and keeping track of money are acquired skills that would suit me well for this position. Gamma Beta Phi prides itself with leadership and service and I hope to live up to that as the club’s treasurer.

Candidate for Recording Secretary: Ms. Juliana Pressley

PictureMy name is Juliana Pressley and would like to be nominated for Recording Secretary or Historian, UTK Gamma Beta Phi Chapter. I am currently a graduate student within the College of Social Work, seeking my master’s degree in social work with a clinical concentration. Social work for me means working diligently to create a fair playing field for everyone regardless of their background and/or situation. Subsequently, academia hasn’t always been so easy for me and therefore am proud to reach this academic distinction. Being a part of the UTK Gamma Beta Phi Chapter in this way, permits me to lead by example for my two young boys and to be a part of something meaningful. In just the few short months I’ve been a part of Gamma Beta, I have met women and men from around the world. Some of which I share similarities with. I believe that support and the ability to identify with others is critical to our success and I find this within this society. I see an opportunity to not only network, but one that allows for new friendships and for me to positively support others.

Candidate for Corresponding Secretary: Ms. Casey Hall

I'm a third year Architecture major with a minor in Classical Civilizations and the current treasurer for Gamma Beta Phi. I'm running for corresponding secretary because I'm interested in the administrative and interpersonal aspects of the position. I'd be an excellent corresponding secretary because I would already have a year's worth of experience at being an officer, and I have good organizational and problem-solving skills.

Open Nomination – Historian, UTK Gamma Beta Phi Chapter

The duties of the Historian shall be: to keep photographic records of the Chapter's activities; to submit articles and pictures to the National Office for publication in the Gambet; and to oversee the preparation of the scrapbook for the state and national conventions.

Open Nomination – Webmaster, UTK Gamma Beta Phi Chapter

The duties of the Webmaster shall be: to perform the technical requirements of the Chapter website and social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to include the up-loading of information and/or events communications; to maintain the Webmaster e-mail account; to coordinate with Chapter officers, group and committee leaders, and individual members in gathering information to be disseminated via the website; and to prepare and submit information to the National Office for publication on the national website.

Sharon Jean-Philippe, Ph.D.

Associate Professor of Urban Forestry

Department of Forestry, Wildlife and Fisheries

2431 Joe Johnson Dr., 274 Ellington Plant Science

https://ag.tennessee.edu/marketing/EmailLogos/UTIA.jpg