Dear UTK Chapter of GBP Honor Society Member:

First of all, I apologize for inundating your inbox and for this long e-mail.  In the future, I will try to limit my e-mails to no more than once a week unless an emergency arises.  For ease of quick navigation, I have highlighted the action items and dates of events in yellow and bold.

The next chapter meeting is Friday, October 19, 2018, at 5:30 p.m. in the Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) Building, Room 207 [1115 Volunteer Boulevard].  We will be streaming Friday's meeting live on our Facebook page (UTK Gamma Beta Phi).  We will start streaming at 5:30 p.m. EST.  Credit will only be given to students that are in different states or cities and do not attend UTK physically . If you attend UTK and attend classes on campus, you are required to attend meetings in person.

2018-19 General GBP Honor Society Requirements

·         You need 9 points per SEMESTER to remain in good standing.

·         One point for attending the general body meeting.

·         One point per hour you volunteer with GBP.

·         One point per hour for attending GBP event.

·         One point for joining a committee.

·         Half a point per hour for outside volunteer hours (please provided supervisor contact email).

·         At least two of your nine points must come from general body attendance.

GBP Committee Sign-Up (Not required for distance education students)

·         If you have already signed up for a committee through the Google doc, please do not sign-up again.  If you are not sure, just e-mail me at [log in to unmask].  I will check the list and let you know if I have you signed up.

·         If you have not previously signed up for a GBP Committee the Volink is: https://volink.utk.edu/submitter/form/start/230325.

·         There are four GBP committees to volunteer for.  Below is a description of the duties of each committee.  Please select one committee.

o   Food and Social Committee

The Food and Social Committee works together to plan, coordinate and implement GBP chapter events. Committee duties include finding/ reserving the location, setting up dates/ times, calculating expenses (under the guidance of the Chapter Advisors), sending out invites/ reminders/ RSVPs, etc. Committee members will purchase appropriate snacks at each meeting (including food, cups, napkins, etc.), with all expenses funded by the organization.

o   Fundraising Committee

The Fundraising Committee seeks to raise money for Gamma Beta Phi as well as our National Project. Committee duties include drafting proposals, meeting with potential donors and soliciting companies/organizations for sponsorship as well as planning fundraising events.

o   Professional Development Committee

The Professional Development Committee will promote professional development programs, resources and activities for the GBP membership. Committee duties include organizing professional development events and promoting the national GBP Job Board. Graduate students are encouraged to participate.

o   Projects Committee

The Projects Committee will identify and coordinate potential community service projects for Gamma Beta Phi. Committee duties include setting up dates/times, distributing information to chapter members and collaborating with other organizations (including other service organizations at UTK, along with any GBP chapter across the nation).

General Committee Rules:

o Committees should meet at least once a month

o Each committee is tasked with electing a Chair

o Minutes from each meeting should be sent to the Recording Secretary, President and Chapter Advisor

2018 GBP Fall Induction Ceremony Volunteer Sign-Up:

·         The Induction Ceremony will take place on Sunday, November 11th, at 2:00 p.m.

·         We invite our current members to come and celebrate the new Fall 2018 UTK GBP inductees.  If you are a transfer student, please let Dr. Jean-Philippe, [log in to unmask], know so you can get inducted into this chapter.

·         By volunteering you will get one point per hour, potentially getting all the points for the semester (besides the ones you have to get from attending two meetings and joining a committee).

·         The following Fall Induction Ceremony Volunteer Teams are needed:

o   Induction Set-Up Team

o   Induction Break-Down Team

o   Induction Ceremony Check-In Team

o   GBP Usher team

o   GBP Decoration Team

o   GBP Parking Team

·         To volunteer, sign up at the 2018 GBP Fall Induction Ceremony form:  https://volink.utk.edu/submitter/form/start/230392

Best,

Rita Gray

UTK Chapter of Gamma Beta Phi Honor Society - Webmaster

--
http://images.utk.edu/images/interface/ut-emailsignature.gif

Rita Gray, CAP, OM®
Academic Coordinator I

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
419 Dougherty Engineering Building
1512 Middle Drive

(865) 974-5356
cbe.utk.edu