Good Morning UTK GBP members!!

I hope you all have been having a wonderful semester! This email is a quick recap of some of the topics we discussed at the first meeting we had this Friday.

Chapter dues are $15 and you will receive an invoice via PayPal on Sept. 13th. If  you would like to pay by cash or check, you can do so at the next UTK GBP Chapter Meeting Sept. 21st (at 5:30 pm in HSS 207) or make arrangements with Karsten Parker (GBP Chapter Treasurer), his email is [log in to unmask].

As a reminder, the point system is as follows:

Everyone needs to pick a committee to be on. We have four committees to choose from: Food and Social, Projects, Fundraising, and Professional Development. Joining a committee gets you a point, and it's required. At the next meeting we will be voting on a chair and co-chair for each committee. You can either join a committee then, or you can email me at [log in to unmask].

There will be a t-shirt designing contest! At the meeting we discussed having a long-sleeved V-neck t-shirt. Whoever designs the winning t-shirt gets one for free!

The fall induction ceremony will be in late October or early November this year, and we will need volunteers to help set up. If you volunteer you can get one point per hour, potentially getting all the points for the semester (besides the ones you have to get from attending two meetings and joining a committee). Also, if you are a transfer student, please let Dr. Jean-Philippe, [log in to unmask], know so you can get inducted into this chapter.

If anyone is interested in joining the executive board, please feel free to talk to any of the current executive board members. There will be several positions open next year.

The next meetings are on September  21st, October 19th, and November 16th. All of them will be on Fridays at 5:30 PM at HSS 207. Please keep an eye out for updates.

Best,

- Casey Hall

Gamma Beta Phi - Corresponding Secretary