Good Afternoon GBP!

I hope you all had a strong start to your semester! We will be meeting tomorrow Friday, September 7th! The meeting will take place in HSS room 104  at 5:30 pm. Please be aware that you have to choses a committee by our next meeting. I will list below the different committees and what does each one do.Also, we have updated the point system and how points can be earned this semester ( see below). We are excited to have everyone back and looking forward to a great semester! Pizza will be provided! Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great rest of your week!

General GBP Requirements

You need 9 points per SEMESTER to remain in good standing.

One point for attending the general body meeting

One point per hour you volunteer with GBP

One point per hour for attending GBP event

One point for joining a committee

Half a point per hour for outside volunteer hours (please provided supervisor contact email)

At least two of your nine points must come from general body attendance

Committees

· Food and Social Committee

o The Food and Social Committee works together to plan, coordinate and implement GBP chapter events. Committee duties include finding/ reserving the location, setting up dates/ times, calculating expenses (under the guidance of the Chapter Advisors), sending out invites/ reminders/ RSVPs, etc. Committee members will purchase appro-priate snacks at each meeting (including food, cups, napkins, etc.), with all expenses funded by the organization.

Fundraising Committee:

o The Fundraising Committee seeks to raise money for Gamma Beta Phi as well as our National Project. Committee duties include drafting proposals, meeting with potential donors and soliciting companies/organizations for sponsorship as well as planning fundraising events.

Projects Committee:

o The Projects Committee will identify and coordinate potential community service projects for Gamma Beta Phi. Committee duties include setting up dates/times, dis-tributing information to chapter members and collaborating with other organizations (including other service organizations at UTK, along with any GBP chapter across the nation).

Professional Development:

o The Professional Development Committee will promote professional development programs, resources and activities for the GBP membership. Committee duties in-clude organizing professional development events and promoting the national GBP Job Board. Graduate students are encouraged to participate.

General Committee Rules:

o Committees should meet at least once a month

o Each committee is tasked with electing a Chair

o Minutes from each meeting should be sent to the Recording Secretary, President and Chapter Advisor

o Link will be provide at chapter meeting

Best Regards,

Yasir A. Ghazi

President- Gamma Beta Phi Honor Society UTK chapter
President- American medical student Association UTK chapter

1471123541905_utartsci255x47.png