Good Morning Geographers,

I received a note from David Supa, a 2009 graduate from our department. The following is a description of his job - it really shows what geographers can do:

"For the past 4 years, I've been a Marine Seismic Navigator and am now head of my department on my Seismic research vessel, the Geowave Commander. My company, Fairfieldnodal, is a seismic data acquisition company. We use receiver nodes to record substrate for Oil Majors in their means of reservoir management. My position is on a Source vessel which we tow an array source to produce the energy to penetrate kilometers into the Earth. Geography sure plays a HUGE role in my profession now in several aspects:  GIS, Geodesy, cultural and especially spatial analysis."

Have a good break,

Ron Kalafsky

Ronald V. Kalafsky, PhD
Professor and Head