Dear SIS Alumni,

Are you interested in helping the School of Information Sciences educate the next generation of SIS graduates? Would you like to share your expertise, help students connect theory and practice, and develop professionally?  If so, consider hosting a practicum student!

I have heard from many of you who are interested in hosting SIS students at your place of work as part of our practicum program.  We recently created a form for you to post opportunities:

https://utk.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9vleINh2U7IjZdP

If you’d like to host a student, please complete the form, or send me an email.  Our students are just preparing to register for the spring semester, so this is a great time to post an opportunity.  Around early-March they will register for the summer and fall terms, so if you have an opportunity for later you can still complete the form.

You can also learn more about the practicum program here: http://www.sis.utk.edu/practicum, including more about your important role as site supervisor and mentor.

Stay orange,

Diane

---

Diane Kelly, Professor and Director
School of Information Sciences
College of Communication and Information
University of Tennessee
1345 Circle Park Dr., Suite 451
Knoxville, TN 37996-0341
Telephone: 865-974-5882