From: Dennis Riecke <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 2:51 PM
Subject: FW: Curator of Fishes job U Oklahoma
To: [log in to unmask]

I want to call your attention to an excellent job that is available at the University of Oklahoma for Assistant Curator of Fishes/Assistant Professor of Biology, with screening of applicants to begin October 11.  If you have former doctoral students, or postdocs, etc., in your lab who would be highly qualified, I would appreciate it if you would encourage them to apply.  Full job ad is attached.

By way of some history:  I was Curator of Fishes at the Oklahoma Museum of Natural History/Stovall Museum, which morphed into the Sam Noble Oklahoma Museum of Natural History, from 1981 until 2003, when I moved to become department chairman in Zoology (now Biology) Department.  Dr. Edie Marsh-Matthews and I overlapped as curators of the fish collection from 1998 to 2003, after which she was Curator of Fishes, until she moved at request of the Provost to become an administrator.  She and I are both now retired, thus neither of us is on the search committee, and won’t be voting on candidates.  But I want to contact persons like you to try to be sure that the most important ichthyological institutions are aware of this really good position.  The collection now has more than 75,000 lots, well curated and maintained, and Edie and I continue to grow the archival collection by adding material from our previous and ongoing fish community studies. And, as the ad indicates, there is a full time collections manager (Ms. Sara Cartwright) who continues to do an excellent job.

If you have potential candidates, I would greatly appreciate it if you would call this to their attention.  The full job ad, with “how to apply” is attached.  And if candidates are going to be sending in materials after the screening date of October 11, that is OK, but it would be best for them to send an email to the chair of the search committee Dr. Cam Siler ([log in to unmask]) to let him know to expect the application.

Thanks greatly for any assistance, and I hope all is well with you,

Best wishes,

Bill

William J. Matthews, Professor Emeritus of Biology

Past President, American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists

Former Curator of Fishes, Sam Noble Museum

If you want to unsubscribe from this {groupname} Group click [log in to unmask]" target="_blank">here
To file a complaint please send an eMail to: [log in to unmask]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the FWFjobs archives or Join/Leave the list go to: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/fwfjobs.html