Folks,

The latest hourly weather forecast indicates that the likelihood of rain and the estimated quantity of rain will decline noticeably tomorrow afternoon (along with temperatures):

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=36.0145&lon=-84.2565&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical

Hourly Weather Forecast for 36.03N 84.27W (Elev. 797 ft)<http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=36.0145&lon=-84.2565&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical>
forecast.weather.gov
Point Forecast: Oak Ridge TN 36.03N 84.27W (Elev. 797 ft) Last Update: 3:01 pm EDT Sep 22, 2017

So I have moved the meeting time for field work tomorrow at the Oak Ridge Forest to 1 pm.

We will still retreat to our cars if/when the rain is heavy, to eat Halloween candy.  But, with the afternoon start time I think we have a better chance of success in the field.

The fire lanes have been bulldozed and more slash has been added -- this is going to be a blast.

Email me if you have any questions.  Eat lunch first, but bring snacks.  Bring lots of water.  Warm clothes.  Rain gear.

If you previously could not go because you could not see getting up early on Saturday -- I've solved that one for you!

See you at 1 pm.  Map with revised meeting time is attached.

Note: weather Sunday looks great and we will still meet at 9 am in the Arboretum on Sunday.  We have to meet in the Arboretum because of locked gates.

Thanks!

Sally

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography