Dear Students,

We will be sampling soils again this weekend on UT's Oak Ridge forest, and I invite you to join us!   The fire lines should be in, which will make finding sampling points easier, and the sampling we will be doing involves the use of small corers that do not require the upper body strength of the corers we used last weekend.  That's because these samples are going to be smaller samples not collected so deep into the soil.

I have attached a map with the meeting sites Saturday and Sunday.

You want to wear sturdy shoes and a hat, bring water, lunch, snacks, and rain gear.

The weather Saturday is looking to be very challenging (90% chance of rain, up from 50% as predicted in the weather report earlier this week).  We will not collect samples in the pouring rain.  However, we will hope for a brief opening in the rain to do some sampling.  The problem is we need to get the sampling done over the weekend, and so anything we can do Saturday will be important in putting us closer to that goal of all done by Sunday evening.

Please let me know if you can join us.

Thank you!

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor