Dear Under-graduate students,

Here is a brief outline of my Geog 541: Topics in Urban-Economic Geography class that will be offered on Wednesdays (3:25-6:25pm) of Spring 2018 term. Even though this is a graduate level class, those of you with specific interest in socio-economic disparity, with a particular focus on race/ethnicity, income/class and health inequality may benefit from this course.  Seniors and Juniors, in particular, are encouraged to take this course.

The main focus in this class will be growing income-divide and its effects on health outcomes. We will read and compare experiences from North America (focus on USA) and developing regions such as South Asia, Africa & South America.  The final list of readings will be prepared during Winter break, but if your academic interests overlap with these aspects of socio-economic disparity, do consider enrolling in this class.

Thanks and best wishes,

Madhuri

Madhuri Sharma
Associate Professor