Geographers,
We were asked by the UTK Women’s Coordinating Council to help them with a street harassment mapping project for UTK’s campus similar to this one from UNC (http://blogs.lib.unc.edu/news/index.php/2015/09/catcall-map/).

  *   One of our alum, Maria Martinez, designed a large (about 12’x15’) map that will be on display today along the ped walkway near the statues at the top of the hill. If you’ve been the victim of street harassment, catcalling, whistling, etc, you are welcome to help them collect data by marking the map where the incident took place.
  *   We also helped them design and build a crowdsourcing application that you can access at http://arcg.is/2x82WAK on your computer or phone.
  *   You can follow along throughout the day on Twitter with the #reclaimingspacesutk hashtag or follow the Women’s Coordinating Council @WCCutk
  *   Attached is the image the WCC is using to promote the event that you are welcome to share on social media

If you have any technical questions about the crowdsourcing application please direct them to me. Otherwise you can reach the WCC at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Michael Camponovo, CFM
GIS Outreach Coordinator
Geography Department
209A Burchfiel Geography Building