FYI.

________________________________
From: Alderman, Derek
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 7:26:32 PM
To: Li, Yingkui
Cc: Munoz, Isabel Solange
Subject: FW: THE Normandy Scholars APPLICATION IS LIVE!

Dear Philip:

Please let our undergrads know about the opportunity below.  I serve on the program’s board and can attest to the value of the experience.

Thanks,

Derek

Derek H. Alderman, PhD

President, American Association of Geographers

Professor, Department of Geography

University of Tennessee

The Normandy Scholars Program<http://mfll.utk.edu/normandy/> is now accepting applications!

This interdisciplinary program examines World War II in the context of memory studies, and is open to all students at UT, regardless of College or major. An automatic $3,000 scholarship for study abroad will be awarded to all students chosen as Normandy Scholars. Apply by October 16, 2017 to participate in a 3-hour spring 2018 class and a mini-session study-abroad trip, with travel London; Caen, the Normandy beaches, and Paris, in France; and Cologne and Bonn, in Germany.  For more information and to apply, click on the link below:

https://studyabroad.utk.edu/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.ViewProgram&Program_ID=11725