Next Friday, September 22, the university will announce its most ambitious fundraising campaign in the university's history. The Join the Journey Campaign will have a goal to raise $1.1 billion for UT. The fundraising priorities for the campaign include undergraduate scholarships, graduate fellowships, faculty support, strategic unit priorities, and athletics. On Friday, September 22, we will announce our progress toward the Join the Journey goal. This bold undertaking will light the path for generations of Volunteers to come.

Beginning Monday, September 18, we will have a host of activities across campus promoting the launch of the campaign to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and donors.

You all have been invited to a Community Celebration next Friday at 11:00 a.m. at Strong Hall. I hope you will attend and share the Facebook live event https://www.facebook.com/tnalumni/ through your communication channels. A celebratory reception will follow. RSVP is not required. Parking is available in the White Avenue Parking Garage. The official university press release will go out next Friday at 11:30 a.m. announcing the goal and campaign priorities.

We have created a dropbox, http://tiny.utk.edu/journey, with logos, materials, and most importantly a campaign style guide. Please review the style guide and use it as a tool to craft campaign messaging and communication pieces. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly. We thank you for your support and appreciate your partnership, as we all play a vital role in communicating to one of the university's primary audiences-alumni and friends.

Quick Reference
Campaign Hashtag-#VolJourney
Website-journey.utk.edu (will be live Monday, September 18)
Style Guide - https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4hcjq2yv5zxj1b/CampaignStyleGuide.pdf?dl=0
Dropbox- http://tiny.utk.edu/journey
Impact Installations Going Up Around Campus Sept. 18-22
Leading up to Friday's Community-Wide Campaign Launch, be sure to visit impact installations around campus that represent each of the campaign priorities-undergraduate scholarships; graduate fellowships; faculty awards, professorships, and chairs; college and unit priorities; and comprehensive athletic excellence.

A visual representation of each of these priorities will be installed by 11 a.m. each day the week of the launch. The Rock will also be painted each morning to highlight each day's installation. Light refreshments will be served at each location, except for Friday.
Here's the schedule:

Monday, September 18
1,625 orange mortarboard decals will be placed on the Student Union windows facing Pedestrian Bridge to represent new undergraduate scholarships awarded last year from the 613 scholarship funds created since 2012.
Tuesday, September 19
132 folding chairs will be placed along the Ayres Hall South lawn to represent faculty awards, professorships, and chairs created since 2012.
Wednesday, September 20
236 hanging lights will be installed within the 2nd floor of Hodges Library to represent graduate fellowships and scholarships created since 2012.
Thursday, September 21
Four sets of 54-piece tumbling tower blocks will be placed at four locations to represent college and unit-based priorities. They will be placed at Humanities Plaza; Torchbearer Plaza; Fred Brown Residence Hall Plaza; and the College of Law lobby.
Friday, September 22
558 pieces of sports equipment will be placed around Neyland Stadium's Gate 21 plaza to represent comprehensive athletic excellence and UT's 558 student athletes. NOTE: this installation will be up by 9 a.m.

Sincerely,

[cid:E4E22FE4-69B6-4DD8-B3F2-3905865C7647]<http://alumni.utk.edu/s/1341/alumni/interior_alumni.aspx?gid=2&pgid=7718>

HAYLEE MARSHALL '06, '10
Senior Director of Alumni Affairs and Advancement

Tyson Alumni House
1609 Melrose Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37996
Direct Line: (865) 974-5801
alumni.utk.edu

[cid:C18C06CB-9196-44FA-A339-1C163DC34667]<https://www.facebook.com/tnalumni/> [cid:59D2AB19-B459-406F-BF43-FB791FCAAC74] <https://twitter.com/tennalum>  [cid:18DF1FD1-2CAC-49F1-A313-B32B7F7B4789] <https://www.instagram.com/tennalum/>  [cid:08164438-7E73-4B83-9B38-31F733BAD7C2] <https://www.linkedin.com/edu/school?id=19442&trk=edu-cp-title>
[id:[log in to unmask]]<http://giving.utk.edu/>

To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list:
http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html