Geographers,
I had the opportunity to attend the Vine Middle Magnet School Open House this evening and recruit 12 students for their new after school Geo Tech Club that I am leading. If you are interested in joining me for an hour after school (4:30 - 5:30), every other Monday to help teach students about geography and geospatial technology, I would appreciate your help. I'll be putting together the curriculum and projects over the next two weeks as we prepare for a late August or early September start. With that in mind, if any of you would like to share some geo-related skills with the students that you have gained through your undergrad research, graduate research, or teaching (like dendrochronology, lidar scanning, UAVs, topographic map reading, tornadoes, etc) please let me know so that I can find ways to tie those topics into the students' 6th-8th grade curriculum. Of course, the best news of all is that Vine has their own AR Sandbox so no one will have to help me drag ours over and set it up.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to get in touch.

Michael Camponovo, CFM
GIS Outreach Coordinator
209A Burchfiel Geography Building
Geography Department