Good Afternoon Geographers,

I generally refrain from sending large e-mail blasts, but I just wanted to send a quick note to everyone as I transition into the department head position this week.

First and foremost, I want to thank Dr. Derek Alderman for all that he has done during the past five years as our department head. His tireless efforts, initiative on all fronts, and inclusiveness have benefited this department immensely. Beyond this, he has been a mentor to so many of us - thank you again, Derek. I would say that you deserve a break at this point, but I don't think that the AAG presidency will afford that luxury.

Next, I'm looking forward to the challenges of this new role and to working with everyone. During the next several months, I'm sure that I will ask numerous questions, make a few requests, and send numerous e-mails, so I'll appreciate your advice and support. I'm still in the process of moving offices, but please don't hesitate to stop-by for a chat.

Thanks,

Ron

Ronald V. Kalafsky, PhD
Professor and Head