Geographers,

We’ve had a request to lead a training session on watershed delineation at the upcoming Watershed Symposium here at UTK on September 26th, 2017. Unfortunately, I’m already leading a workshop at another location that day and won’t be able to present. If any of you are interested in leading the 1 hour session please let me know. I will be happy to help prepare anything you need such as using ArcGIS Online’s watershed delineation tools, setting up the AR Sandbox to demonstrate watersheds, to finding topographic maps to teach others about delineating watersheds. Attached is a summary of the morning’s activities. Below is a short write up from the event organizers, Tim Gangaware and Ruth Anne Hanahan:

The targeted audience are undergraduate students and the session could cover both low tech ways to define watershed boundaries (USGS maps; stand outside and look around you) all the way to other end of the spectrum using your laser sandbox to define what a watershed boundary is and to describe its implications.

As usual, thanks for your ongoing support of our outreach activities to help promote geography on campus.

Michael Camponovo, CFM

GIS Outreach Coordinator

Geography Department

209A Burchfiel Geography Building