Dear undergraduate and graduate students,

In this coming Fall semester, I will be offering GEOG 509: Geospatial
Semantics. This course integrates geospatial analysis and natural
language processing (NLP) for analyzing big data that contain both
geographic locations and textual descriptions. Examples of such data
include geotagged social media, geotagged Web pages, online neighborhood
reviews, and travel blogs. You will learn how to use R and Stanford NLP
Toolbox to perform text mining, how to use R and ArcGIS to do geospatial
clustering, and how to integrate and output the analysis results as
maps. A course flyer is attached with this email.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Best wishes to
your new semester!

Cheers,
Yingjie

--