Dear colleagues, staff, graduate and undergraduate students:

With this email I am informing you that I have accepted a position at Uppsala University in Sweden. All job applicants have been informed of the decision and they have three weeks to appeal the ranking of job candidates. If no one appeals I will receive an employment contract soon. It is likely that the position in Uppsala will start in August 2017.

It was a difficult decision to accept the job offer, especially because I enjoy working in the department. I have learned a lot in the past nine years and am grateful for the mentorship and support from colleagues, and opportunities to work with students. I also value the friendships that have developed over time.

I am strongly committed to a smooth transition and have met with several colleagues and students to discuss the handover of responsibilities. The next four weeks I will be in Oslo and London to lead a study abroad program on international migration and I hope to see you upon returning to Knoxville in July.

Once the employment contract with Uppsala has been signed I will officially inform you about my departure. If there is anything that needs to be taken care of in the meantime, please let me know.

Best wishes,

Micheline