DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. QUESTIONS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO MATT STRUTNER

Please see messages below from Matt Strutner from the Tennessee Smokies:

-------------------------------------

Please remember to join the Tennessee Smokies for our 9th annual Knoxville TVA Employees Credit Union “Salute to Heroes Night,” now less than two weeks away! Event will include a featured speaker touching on his personal journey fighting P.T.S.D. and coming out on the greener side, while driving awareness of local resources to cope with the much-too-prevalent disorder. Smokies players will don batting helmets honoring the memories of late soldiers from East TN who have taken their own lives as a result of severe P.T.S.D. symptoms, in the form of stickers bearing those soldiers’ initials. Also on the docket during the pre-game tribute are a bike parade, LIVE rendition of the service branch medley and echo Taps, 3-volley salute, POW/MIA flag ceremony, Gold Star and Blue Star Family presentations, live enlistment ceremony, color guard, flyover of vintage aircraft (weather permitting) and more!  Stay after the game for a patriotic fireworks show!

DATE: Saturday, May 27, 2017

LOCATION: Smokies Stadium, I-40 at Exit 407

TIMES:

                Gates open @ 5:30 PM

                Pre-game military tribute @ 6:00 PM

                First pitch @ 7:00 PM

TICKETS: FREE for all veterans, active military, reserves and guard members (plus up to 3 guests per military member), additional guest tickets just $9 each

PARKING: typically $5 cash, but free if you tell parking attendant that you are a veteran, active service member or actively participating in the pre-game military tribute

If you have not done so already and would like to request a specific seating area for your group, unit or family, feel free to either email me or call 865-286-2300, ask for ticket sales and specify your military status when ordering.

All tickets reserved under an individual’s name in advance may be claimed at the Will Call window. All groups who have reserved tickets together in advance, OR individuals wishing to wait and just walk up the day of the event to receive their free military tickets (and pay for any guests as needed), must visit the designated Salute to Heroes/Military ticket TABLE, located immediately to the right of Will Call.

During the game, check out our team store behind home plate for special Smokies camo caps and “Honor Those Who Serve” T-shirts, available while supplies last. Also taking place throughout the game on May 27th is our Salute to Heroes Jersey Auction and Raffle. Fans will have the opportunity to bid on the black and camo military-themed jerseys being worn on the field (to be autographed), or they may purchase a $5 raffle ticket for a chance to take one home. All proceeds from the auction and raffle benefit Remote Area Medical.

Regards,

Matt Strutner

Merchandise Manager

Tennessee Smokies

Double-A Affiliate of the 2016 World Series Champion Chicago Cubs

865-286-2331 direct

www.smokiesbaseball.com

Regards,

Patrice Collins

Board Member and Admin Support for ETMAC-East Tennessee Military Affairs Council

Economic Development Assistant

Knoxville Chamber | 17 Market Square,  Suite 201 | Knoxville, TN 37902

865-246-2646 [log in to unmask] www.etmac.org

ETMAClogocid:D05A90C8-7A46-4D47-8599-28EE0AF40592

Avast logo