Dear Ranavirus Researchers,

As you likely have heard, the Global Ranavirus Reporting System (GRRS; https://mantle.io/grrs/map) is an online database of records of the detection or occurrence of ranaviruses in all taxa around the world. It has great potential, but with few entries, it is not yet particularly useful. We hope to change that. I have a student who will be entering published records of ranavirus occurrences over the next several weeks. Our goal is to have every published record entered up through 2015 or 2016 by the International Ranavirus Symposium in Budapest in June. At that symposium I will be leading a workshop on how to enter and manage records in the GRRS. Between the two parts I think we can make the GRRS a truly useful tool for all of us!

I am asking for your help to make sure do not miss any records. I have created a spreadsheet on Google with all of the references we were planning to enter into the GRRS. Would you please look at this list and make sure we have not missed your papers or those of anyone you know of? (Note: we will not be entering unpublished data.)

The link is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zX3EkzknwRJCmPdZUfUOCdX_zvnA4Zvfe7lXxj_b_yA/edit?usp=sharing
Please enter any missing records or add comments/notes by Friday 26 May to ensure inclusion, although you can always enter records later.
If you have questions, please email me directly: [log in to unmask]

Thank you for your help!

Jesse Brunner
Associate Director of the GRC
Webmaster for ranavirus.org
Associate Professor, Washington State University