STC friends:

If you watch the NOVA program on PBS, follow solar eclipses, or know Dr.
Littman, please enjoy all three with this invitation to the next Science
Cafe meeting at Ijams Nature Center, featuring Dr. Littmann.

Amy Kidd

Dear Science Enthusiasts,

Have you heard about the TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE that will be visible in East
Tennessee on August 21?  Over the past couple of months, I have talked with
dozens of people who were not yet aware of this incredible event happening
so close to us!

We are planning several STFK Science Cafe meetings for the summer months in
an effort to make more people in Knoxville and the surrounding area aware
of the upcoming solar eclipse and to give them a chance to ask an expert
their questions.  We will also be giving away eclipse glasses to everyone
who attends so they will have a better, safer viewing experience.  Please
make plans to come, and share this invitation with other people you know!

The first STFK Science Cafe meeting on the topic of the solar eclipse is up
coming up in less than two weeks.  Our guest presenter is Mark Littmann,
Ph.D., a Professor at the University of Tennessee with the distinction of
Hill Chair of Excellence in Science Writing.  He is the author of a new
book called "Totality: The Great American Eclipses of 2017 and 2024".  I am
very excited that he is coming to share his experiences with the solar
eclipse events he has previously witnessed in other parts of the world and
all he has learned!

Everyone is invited to attend this FREE event. The Science Cafe meeting
will be held at Ijams Nature Center, located at 2915 Island Home Avenue,
Knoxville, TN 37920.  The meeting date and time is Thursday, June 8, 2017
from 5:30 P.M. until 7:00.  Please RSVP by sending an e-mail message to
[log in to unmask] Let us know how many adults and children (with
ages) are in your group.

Children are welcome to attend any of the Science Café meetings with their
parents! For ages 5-12, we offer a Kid's Café program in a nearby area with
a science lesson and activities that help make learning science fun! Kids
can participate with the permission of their parents while the parents
enjoy the adult-level discussion.  For more information, e-mail

The web site for the STFK Science Cafe is knoxsciencecafe.org.  Click on
"Events List" to view the dates of other upcoming Science Cafe meetings.

Sincerely,

David Spakes, organizer

Spirit and Truth Fellowship of Knoxville (sponsor)