Geographers,

We have been contacted by UTK Parking Services to help them with a data collection project for the summer. If your idea of a good time is to roam around campus during the hottest part of the year while collecting sign pictures, coordinates, and attributes, then this is the opportunity of a lifetime. Unlike my normal projects this one even pays a little.

Details

What: Create UTK Parking and Street Sign Inventory (greater than 2,000 signs on campus)

When: Summer 2017

Hours: Up to 40 hours per week

How Many: Need 3 additional students, total of 4

Start Date: Soon-ish

Prerequisites: 310 or 311 or 411

Hardware Requirement: Smartphone that can run ESRI’s Collector app and connect to Bluetooth

Rate: $7.25 per hour

I don’t know anything about eligibility requirements on campus (for instance, can you work for UTK if you already have a scholarship??), so you’ll have to sort that out on your own.

Email me back if you’re interested and we’ll start putting you in touch with the folks at parking services for employment paperwork.

Michael Camponovo, CFM

GIS Outreach Coordinator

Geography Department

209A Burchfiel Geography Building