Faculty, Staff, and Students,

Just an FYI on some events going on next week.

·         Walt Gurley from NCSU will be on campus on Monday April 15th as part of the Library’s Digital Bootcamp program. He is interested in meeting you and learning about your research. If you are around Monday afternoon please let me know so that we can make plans.

·         We are hosting a TNGIC Lidar Training workshop in rooms 405 and 406 from Tuesday May 16 - Thursday May 18. A number of people from federal, state, and local government will be attending in addition to private sector geospatial companies and a few students. If you see someone unfamiliar in the building please be sure to welcome them and help them find the appropriate rooms if they are lost.

·         The first FOSS4G meeting in TN (that we know of) will be held on Friday May 19th at the Ag Campus. If you want to register for this free event do so at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Knoxfoss4g20170519.

Michael Camponovo, CFM

GIS Outreach Coordinator

Geography Department

209A Burchfiel Geography Building