Dear GRC and Colleagues:

It is my pleasure to announce the election results for the GRC Board; please see below.  Congratulations to all of the nominees and thank you to the members that voted!  All positions will begin 12 June 2017 (i.e., day after the 2017 International Symposium on Ranaviruses<https://www.ranavirus.org/2017-4th-international-symposium-on-ranavirus/>, ISR).  In addition, Jesse Brunner will become the Director and I will move into the Past Director position on this date.  Thank you very much to all of the current Board members<https://www.ranavirus.org/resources/grc-board/> for their service over the past 4 years. There have been many accomplishments, including creation of the GRC website<https://www.ranavirus.org> and GRRS<https://mantle.io/grrs>, incorporating the GRC<http://www.ranavirus.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/GRCBylawsFinal-1-8-2015.pdf> with non-profit and tax exempt status, hosting two ISRs (2013<https://www.ranavirus.org/symposium/2013-second-international-symposium-on-ranaviruses/> and 2015<https://www.ranavirus.org/symposium/2015-third-international-symposium-on-ranaviruses/>), providing two training workshops during the 2015 ISR, publishing the first book<http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-13755-1> on ranaviruses, and leading an online course<http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/mgray/ranavirus/course/GRCCourseSyllabus2016.pdf> over ranaviruses in 2016.  Although we completed a lot of tasks, many more opportunities for organization growth and outreach exist.  Jesse and I look forward to interacting with another group of motivated professionals dedicated to advancing the understanding of ranaviruses.  As members of the GRC or as interested scientists or students, please do not hesitate to reach out to the GRC Board member in your region for advice on ranaviruses or to see how you can get involved in GRC activities.  We also are always looking for ideas to better serve members, so please share your ideas the Board.  If you are not a member, you can join here: https://www.ranavirus.org/register/.

We look forward to seeing those that will be in Budapest for the 2017 ISR!!!

https://www.rana-2017.com

All the Best, Matt

=====================ELECTION RESULTS================

Associate Director

Tom Waltzek (University of Florida):
http://www.vetmed.ufl.edu/about-the-college/faculty-directory/thomas-b-waltzek/

Secretary/Treasurer

Amanda Duffus (Gordon State College): http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/mgray/ranavirus/elections/2017/DuffusBiosketch.pdf

North America Representative

Maria Forzan (Cornell University): http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/mgray/ranavirus/elections/2017/ForzanBiosketch.pdf

South (and Central) America Representative

Claudio Soto Azat (Universidad Andrés Bello, Chile): http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/mgray/ranavirus/elections/2017/SotoBiosketch.pdf

Europe (and Africa) Representative

Marja Kik (Utrecht University, Netherlands): http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/mgray/ranavirus/elections/2017/KikBiosketch.pdf

Asia Representative