Dear Club Geography:

It is my pleasure to remind you that the Department of Geography will hold its annual award ceremony on Thursday, April 27, 2017.  The ceremony will be held at the Hodges Library Auditorium.  A reception outside the auditorium will begin at 3:00pm and the ceremony will start at 3:40pm.  This is a special moment in the unit’s culture, a time to recognize graduating seniors, award-winning students and faculty, and take stock of the incredible things that our Department has accomplished over the past year.  This year’s ceremony is part of the special 50th anniversary celebration of Geography becoming a stand-alone department.  A special gift will be given to award and degree recipients. I hope you can join us.

Best wishes,

DA

Derek H. Alderman, PhD

Vice President, American Association of Geographers

Professor & Head, Department of Geography

Betty Lynn Hendrickson Professor of Social Science

University of Tennessee

304C Burchfiel Geography Building

Knoxville, TN 37996-0925

Voice: (865) 974-0406