Dear Geographers,

I am very pleased to announce that Matt Kerr has received a fellowship of $10,000 from the Phi Kappa Phi honor society in support of his dissertation work.   Matt was chosen for the award based on his accomplishments as a graduate student and dissertation proposal.

To my knowledge, Matt is the first student in our department to receive an award from this honor society.   Other PhD students should consider applying!  We will discuss the opportunity in my grant proposal writing course this coming Fall.

Sincerely,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor

Department of Geography