Dear UTK Geography Community (Faculty, Staff, and Students):

It is my great honor to inform you that Dr. Ron Kalafsky has been selected by the Dean of the College of Arts & Sciences to serve as the new Department Head and that he has accepted the position.  Dr. Kalafsky’s term as Head begins with the 2017-2018 academic year (August 1, 2017), although he and I have been working in a transitional way to ensure that the unit’s business continues without significant disruption.  As noted by the departmental search committee and College administrators, Dr. Kalafsky brings a great deal of vision, energy, and charisma to the position along with a deep devotion to our program’s student-centered mission.  I am confident that he will do a great job. Congrats, Ron.

Best wishes,

DA

Derek H. Alderman, PhD

Vice President, American Association of Geographers

Professor & Head, Department of Geography

Betty Lynn Hendrickson Professor of Social Science

University of Tennessee

304C Burchfiel Geography Building

Knoxville, TN 37996-0925

Voice: (865) 974-0406