FYI an very interesting GIS program at the University of Edinburgh.

From: Bruce Gittings [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2017 11:06 AM
To: Bruce Gittings (Chair) University of Edinburgh <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Introducing GIS and Earth Observation at the University of Edinburgh

Dear Dr. Li,

I am writing to you to tell you about our innovative and well-respected Masters programs in Geographical Information Science and Earth Observation & Geoinformation Management at the University of Edinburgh in Scotland.   I would be most grateful if you would share this message with your students.

Running since 1985, the Edinburgh Geographical Information Science (GIS) programs are world-class degrees, offering you the chance to gain critical theory, develop strong practical skills and undertake supervised independent research, all under the guidance of internationally recognised staff.  Our School has been identified by the UK Research Excellence assessment as having the greatest concentration of ‘world leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’ researchers in the UK.  Our unique modular structure enables students to tailor the program around their individual interests and career goals.

Highlights include:

Student Testimonial

“Completing my MSc at the University of Edinburgh was one of the best decisions I have made.  The GIS program is customisable to individual requirements, with a great balance between theoretical learning and practical experience.  You have the opportunity to work with and learn from dedicated, motivated and highly skilled members of staff.”

– Kathryn Murphy, 2016 graduate

Further details about the MSc GIS can be found on our website: http://goo.gl/Yj68fP

Further details about the MSc Earth Observation & Geoinformation Management can be found on our website: http://goo.gl/8Akzl0

I would be most grateful if you could please share this email with your students.  If students have any questions, or would like to apply, please contact Karolina Galera ([log in to unmask]) or myself.

Further, we are happy to work with you to build a more meaningful relationship between the University of Edinburgh and your institution.  This might include visits, staff exchange and guest lectures.

Yours sincerely,

Bruce M Gittings BSc, MSc, FRSGS, FSA Scot
Program Director