Geographers who live in West Knoxville,

I’ve been invited to give a short presentation at the Taste of Science event tonight being held at The Casual Pint in Hardin Valley. This family friendly event opens at 6:30 with presentations starting at 7:00. I’ll be talking about the different types of research being conducted within our department and will be joined by Dr. Paulo Raposo and the Geo Lab team from Vine Magnet Middle School.

Vine is bringing their augmented reality sandbox (this one has more capabilities than ours and I think they are going to be modelling a dam breach), Dr. Raposo will bring his HoloLens, and Dr. Grissino-Mayer has loaned me some of his tree ring samples.

·         https://tasteofscience.org/knx-events/manicmonday

·         Cost is $5.00.

·         There will be non-alcoholic beverages.

·         There won’t be any food at the event but you are welcome to bring your dinner with you.

·         This event is not sponsored by the department or the university

Hope to see you there.

Michael Camponovo, CFM

GIS Outreach Coordinator

Geography Department