Hello all,
please note the following ad and pass along to your colleagues and students:

PhD positions available – Amphibian occupancy patterns, population genetics, and disease dynamics

Funded by a Strategic NSERC grant, we are seeking a PhD students to complete our team on research related to the detection and monitoring of amphibians and their pathogens (chytrid fungus, ranavirus) in Canada. Using environmental DNA as a basis for the research, the team will conduct: 1) Habitat occupancy modeling for amphibians and their pathogens; 2) Analysis of the evolutionary dynamics of pathogens and amphibian hosts; 3) Assessment of potential synergistic interactions between pathogens and aquatic contaminants; and 4) Modeling the drivers of amphibian population decline. Students will develop research projects that fit within the context of the broader program, such as: Validation of eDNA for detecting amphibians; Assessment of ranavirus pathogenicity; Chytrid fungus evolutionary dynamics; and Modeling drivers of amphibian occupancy.  We are seeking students to initiate their research in Spring or Fall 2017, with the research to be conducted across southern Ontario. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, CV, unofficial transcripts and names of 3 references to: Dennis Murray, Trent University, [log in to unmask] ([log in to unmask]) or David Lesbarreres, Laurentian University [log in to unmask] (http://gearg.jimdo.com/people/head/).

Chers,
David

"It takes all the running you can do to keep in the same place."

Dr. David Lesbarrères, Associate Professor / Professeur agrégé
Dean, Faculty of Graduate Studies / Doyen, Faculté des études supérieures

Genetic & Ecology of Amphibians Research Group (GEARG)
Department of Biology - Laurentian University, http://gearg.jimdo.com/
Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury, Ontario P3E 2C6, Canada
phone: (705)675-1151 ext. 3232 - Fax: (705)671-3840 - @sudburyfrog