Greetings:

My three year appointment as the Southern HR representative on the NERAOC (National Extension Research Administrative Officer Conference) National Planning Committee comes to an end at the upcoming conference in San Antonio.   Thank you for your confidence in allowing me to represent our group for the past three years.

As you know, to represent our colleagues one must have supervisory support and financial commitment for travel expenses for three years.  The individual must attend the post conference session (debrief) on Thursday, April 27, 2017, after the conference ends in San Antonio.  Michigan State University is hosting the 2018 NERAOC conference in Grand Rapids Michigan from April 22 – 25, 2018. In preparation for the 2018 conference, the national planning committee is scheduled to meet in Grand Rapids Michigan from July 12 – 14th 2017.

Ms. Del Johnson, UA Extension Benefits Manager, has indicated her interest in representing our group for the upcoming term. Given there may be interest from others, can you take a few minutes and indicate your nomination on the survey link below?

https://auburn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6mvkXhPq5srT07r

Given that the time is short – as our new rep must be introduced at NERAOC and make plans to stay over the next morning for the event debriefing – please respond by the close of business on Friday, March 17. I’ll report the results and/or further voting options.  If you have any questions, please reach out to me by email or phone (334)844-5531.  It really is a great opportunity to network and provide input into the agenda for this annual professional development event.

Hope to see you all in San Antonio.

Chris

Chris McClendon

Alabama Cooperative Extension System