Dear Geography majors, minors, and friends,

I am pleased to invite you to a GEOSCIENCES INTEREST MEETING with PIZZA this coming Monday (March 27th).  This interest meeting is for current as well as prospective geology, environmental studies, and physical geography majors and minors who want to learn more about undergraduate research opportunities.  Do you have friends with geography envy who wish they could be as cool as you?  Now they can be!  Invite them to join you at this meeting!

We will meet in Room 223 in the Earth and Planetary Sciences Building at 11:00, and then take a tour of two research labs: first the research lab of Drew Steen in the Earth and Planetary Sciences Department, and then the Geography Department's Laboratory of Paleoenvironmental Research in the SERF building, which I co-direct with Professor Philip Li.  Both of these labs, and others in Geography and Earth and Planetary Sciences, have projects that involve undergraduates -- you could be part of the research and fun!

After the lab tours, we will return to EPS 223 for a free pizza lunch at 12:00 and presentations on undergraduate research and other cool things about these majors. We would appreciate it if you would let us know your are coming (you can email [log in to unmask], or me -- [log in to unmask]), but if you decide late to join us, just come on over.

This interest meeting is brought to you by the NSF GEOPATHS team: Larry McKay, Stephanie Drumheller, Drew Steen, Colin Sumrall, Sally Horn & Kelsey Ellis.

We hope to see you Monday!

Sincerely,

Sally Horn