Geographers,
The list of presentations for the upcoming TNGIC workshop in Knoxville was released yesterday and a number of students and faculty/staff from our department were selected. I would especially like to point out that the undergrads that are presenting are all in Dr. Li's Terrain Analysis class.

Clint Shannon/David Moore - Improved Sinkhole Detection and Mapping for Knox County, TN with LiDAR Data
David Moore/Dr. Robert Washington-Allen - Then and Now: Long term Land-Use Changes Impact Bobwhites
Yasin Wahid Rabby - Land Use Susceptibility Mapping of South Eastern Hilly Region of Bangladesh by Using Google Earth Image
Dr. Yingjie Hu - Prioritizing Online Mapping Tasks for Disaster Response
Michael Camponovo - Outreach and Community Engagement Update from UTK Geography

Anyone wishing to submit an interactive or paper map to the map gallery has until April 10 (http://www.tngic.org/2017-conference.htm#mapgallery). If you are planning on printing a map, be sure to send me an email so we can set up a time to get it printed prior to the conference.

Thank you all for your hard work. It makes my job of promoting our department and our discipline much easier when I have all of these great examples to share.

Michael Camponovo, CFM
GIS Outreach Coordinator
Geography Department
209A Burchfiel Geography Building