Dear Geography grad students, majors, and minors,

Please see note below from Amy Rideout, a graduate of our department who now works for the North Central Council of Governments -- and is sharing a job ad that could work for you!

Sincerely,

Sally Horn

Sally P. Horn, Professor
Department of Geography
304 Burchfiel Geography Building
1000 Phillip Fulmer Way
The University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN 37996-0925  U.S.A.

phone: (865) 974-6030
fax: (865) 974-6025
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://geography.utk.edu/about-us/faculty/dr-sally-horn/

________________________________

Dr. Horn and Michael,

I hope this message finds you well. I was hoping you could forward to geography students this great opportunity for an entry-level planner position (details below). At the North Central Texas Council of Governments, we are looking to fill an open position on the long-range planning team, which focuses on GIS analysis for our environmental planning efforts. GIS skills and a focus on the environment are desired, but no formal planning experience is required. A geography degree and GIS courses fulfill the analytical/quantitative methods requirements. Some highlighted responsibilities include: creating maps using ArcMap, assisting with detailed analysis of data, assisting with the development of the long-range transportation plan, and aiding in the preparation of public outreach and education materials.

This is a great way for students passionate about urban planning and environmental justice to gain entry into the field, in a highly populated urban region with complex challenges.

Thanks in advance for helping spread the word!

Amy Rideout

Transportation Planner

North Central Texas Council of Governments

616 Six Flags Drive | Arlington, TX 76011

(817) 704-5608 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Is your dream job at the intersection of planning, environment, and GIS? Click below for more information about this fantastic opportunity. Not graduating until May? Not a problem – apply now using the link below.

Click here for more information, and to submit your resume: Transportation Planner – Long-Range Transportation Planning<https://nctcog.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=636>