Nat Geo has their summer internships posted in a variety of disciplines, not just GIS. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on their career page and filter by temporary instead of regular: http://www.nationalgeographic.org/ (Thanks Clint for the update)

There is still time to apply for the ESRI Student Assistantship (April 7). If you don’t know what this is, find someone who has gone before (I went as an undergrad) and ask about it. It is a great opportunity.  http://www.esri.com/careers/main/student-jobs

ESRI has a special section of their careers page dedicated to students and recent grads as well.

ESRI Internships http://www.esri.com/landing-pages/intern (I think that both Dr. Raposo and Dr. Hu completed internships at ESRI)

ESRI Recruiting Events (including the upcoming AAG) http://www.esri.com/careers/main/events

New Grads http://www.esri.com/careers/main/student-jobs

A few TN specific jobs that may be of interest.

·         If you have a strong entrepreneurial sprit and remote sensing background this may be an excellent opportunity.

·         Python Developer (want to learn more Python, sign up for Dr. Raposo’s course in the fall)

·         Senior Python Developer

Maegen Rochner is organizing participating graduate students who are attending the giant T event tomorrow morning. I’ve heard from several undergrad students that are also planning on attending but I haven’t heard if they are planning on coordinating anything. I hope you all have a wonderful morning.

Michael Camponovo, CFM

GIS Outreach Coordinator

Geography Department

209A Burchfiel Geography Building