Dear Global Ranavirus Consortium (GRC) Members and Colleagues:

We are opening nominations for election of GRC Board members.  Positions that are up for election are:

Associate Director
Secretary/Treasurer, and
5 Regional Representatives (nominees must be located in the region where they are nominated)
1.  Asia
2.  Australia
3.  Europe & Africa
4.  Central & South America
5.  North America.

The responsibilities of each of these positions are described in the GRC bylaws (see below).

http://www.ranavirus.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/GRCBylawsFinal-1-8-2015.pdf

Current GRC Board members are:

http://www.ranavirus.org/resources/grc-board/

The duration of all positions is 4 years, except for the Associate Director who will become the Director after 4 years (in 2021).  After 4 years, the Director remains on the Board for 4 more years as immediate Past Director. In accordance with our bylaws, all positions begin on 1 July of the election year OR at the end of the International Symposium on Ranaviruses (ISR), whichever comes first. For 2017, positions will begin 11 June, because the ISR is 7-10 June. On 11 June, Dr. Jesse Brunner (current Associate Director) will become Director, and I will move into the Past Director position.

Nominations begin today and will remain open for approximately 3 weeks (28 February).  Nominations should be emailed to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. Our goal is to have at least two individuals nominated per position. Please consider nominating a colleague (with their permission) or yourself. After nominations are received, we will hold elections (in March) via an online confidential ballot.  Only current GRC members are allowed to vote; 2016 memberships ended on 31 December 2016.  A list of current (2017 paid) and past members is located here: http://www.ranavirus.org/resources/members/. You can renew your membership at http://www.ranavirus.org/store/.

Thank you very much for considering serving the GRC in a leadership role!

All the Best,
Matt
Matthew J. Gray, Ph.D., Professor
Director, Global Ranavirus Consortium<http://www.ranavirus.org/>
Co-chair, PARC National Disease Task Team<http://www.parcplace.org/parcplace/resources/disease-task-team.html>
Associate Director, Center for Wildlife Health<https://ag.tennessee.edu/cwh/Pages/default.aspx>
University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture
274 Ellington Plant Sciences Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-4563
865.974.2740 [ofc]                [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
865.974.4714 [fax]                http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/personnel/mgray.htm

For more information about Forestry, Wildlife and Fisheries at UTK,
Please visit http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/ or call 865.974.7126