From: "Camponovo, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: February 8, 2017 at 3:07:01 PM EST
To: "Hazelton, Michael David" <[log in to unmask]>, ddami <[log in to unmask]>, "Rochner, Maegen L (Maegen Rochner)" <[log in to unmask]>, "Alsamadisi, Adam Guy" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: "McKinney, Nathan Lamar (Nathan McKinney)" <[log in to unmask]>, "Butefish, Kurt L" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Vine Middle School Geography Program

Geographers,

Kurt Butefish, Nathan McKinney and I had a great meeting with some folks from Vine Middle School’s STEM magnet program yesterday (located here in Knoxville relatively close to UTK). They are in the process of establishing a GIS and geography lab with their own virtual reality sandbox, Google Explorer VR headsets, and a GIS computer lab. They are part of the Community Schools program and offer after school opportunities for students interested in specific topics and they would like to offer a geospatial/gis program one day a week (or every other week) from 3:30 – 5:00. Please discuss among the members of the undergraduate and graduate clubs and decide if this is a task that either organization or both would be interested in pursuing. I am not entirely familiar with the program so I will be happy to put you in touch with some of the folks at the school if you have questions.

Vine said that they have opportunities this spring as well as for next year.

Thanks,

Michael Camponovo, CFM

GIS Outreach Coordinator

Geography Department