Dear Club Geography,

On March 2, we’ll be hosting our Hammond Lecturer in the Department of Geography, Dr. Amy Hessl from West Virginia University, and we have a planned lunch reception with her to meet and talk with our undergraduate majors and students during lunch on Thursday March 2. The lunch will feature free pizza and drinks for anyone attending who wishes to ask Dr. Hessl any questions about careers in geography and about women in STEM in general. Lunch will take place in room 406 in the seminar room, but if many students show up (get there early for pizza), we’ll adjourn to another room.

Students, please make this a priority to attend if you’re free during lunch on Thursday, OK? The department tries to take every opportunity to provide our majors with career and learning activities not normally found in other departments because we want you to succeed! Please take advantage of Dr. Hessl’s question-and-answer lunch and her Hammond Lecture later that afternoon in Walters Life Sciences from 3:40 to 5:00. I remember attending such lectures when I was an undergraduate at the University of Georgia and these lectures are still a part of my geographic training to this day! It will be well worth your time.

Thanks all!

Dr. Henri D. Grissino-Mayer

Professor of Geography

Department of Geography

1000 Philip Fulmer Way

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville

Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-0925

865-974-6029

Google Scholar    LinkedIn    Academia.edu    Web Site    LTRS